Thursday, June 17, 2010

Flashback - Mountain Cabin


While in Oregon, we had the privilege of spending the weekend at my grandparents' cabin in the mountains. This cabin has been in the family for several generations and was my favorite place to go as a child - I have SO many wonderful memories there! But the Mr. and I realized we hadn't been there since I was pregnant with Angel! And, given that we were moving several thousand miles away and wouldn't likely have another opportunity for awhile, we decided to take advantage of this chance and head up the mountain!

It was SO beautiful! There is nothing like losing cell phone reception and your internet connection to bring you together as a family! We just enjoyed nature; hikes, exploring, building forts, wading in the creek, and hanging out in the hammock with Grandpa! We all enjoyed it and I hope we'll be able to visit again sometime soon!

No comments: