Thursday, February 25, 2010

Prayers

(Angel came out in the morning and saw Daddy praying so she decided to join him.)

Recently, we had a Family Home Evening on the proper anatomy of a prayer. Since then, Angel and Grins have been putting much more thought into their prayers, which has been very sweet....most of the time. The past few evening prayers offered by Grins, however, ended something like "Please help me to have (Spiderman, Batman or Superman) dreams tonight!....Amen" Thoughtful? Yes. Reverent? Not so much.

Also, the other night when I knelt with Grins in his bed and said "OK, time for evening personal prayer" he folded his arms, bowed his head, and sat quietly. After a moment of silence I urged "Go ahead." to which he replied "Shh! I'm saying my prayers like Daddy." "What?" I wondered. "I'm saying them really, really quiet like Daddy." I then realized that the kids often see the Mr. say his own prayers silently. I thought that was cute.

Then, today, Grins announced "I'm going to sing 'Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star' all by myself. Listen. Don't help me." He then began singing, "Twinkle, twinkle, little star, how I wonder what you are.....wait. I need to start over again. Twinkle, twinkle, little star, how I wonder what you are...shining for the whole world to see....in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

Apparently, prayers are on Grins' brain lately! :)

No comments: