Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas with the Mo-Tab and King's Singers



Jon and I had the wonderful opportunity to enjoy Christmas with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Orchestra at Temple Square, Bells on Temple Square and the King's Singers this past weekend at their Annual Christmas Concert. And let me tell you, we were NOT disappointed!

The set up was spectacular - a little Christmas village - and the lighting was amazing. The music was INCREDIBLE (of course!!! The MoTab, Orchestra and Bells never disappoint!) And perhaps the main highlight of the evening was, quite naturally, the King's Singers!
Previously, Jon and I had only ever heard recordings of them, so to experience them live was a special treat! They are AMAZING! I must say that, if Jon were not my one and only love, I would have been swooning over the youngest King's Singer, Chris (pictured second from the right...can you believe he joined them at the ripe old age of 26?! Incredible!) But since I do love Jon, and mostly because he was sitting next to me, I was careful to keep my swooning to a minimum! But we both enjoyed their incredible music, and they complemented the MoTab and orchestra well! Another highlight I simply loved was the University of Utah dance team - they danced to a few numbers, but my favorite was the Twelve Days of Christmas - they had one dancer dressed as a partridge who came out as they were singing the first day, two depicting turtle doves that came out second, and so on. It was simply spectacular, something I have never seen before, and I loved it!

All in all, it was a WONDERFUL evening! Special thanks to our sister-in-law, Amy, a member of the Orchestra at Temple Square, for providing the tickets for us, and to my brother Daniel who entertained our children - and then put them to bed - both difficult feats! - while we were gone! We love you guys!

No comments: