About a year ago, I posted the following list of things I wanted to do last year. Unfortunately, I never actually posted the list on paper anywhere in my house/planner/etc.....so I essentially forgot about it.....or so I thought, until I went through the list and found that I actually HAD completed quite a few of the listed tasks! This was actually quite a liberating/positive little exercise, because I realized that I actually HAVE accomplished a few things in the past year.....you know, BESIDES the day to day laundry/dishes/cleaning/packing lunches/making meals/visiting teaching/bathing and dressing children/changing diapers/reading scriptures/helping with homework/kissing owies/being Young Womens president/volunteering in classrooms/breaking up fights/PTO/driving children around/having playdates/paying bills/taping together books that a 3 year old has torn to shreds...and those sorts of everyday things. Who knew I had it in me to be a (tiny bit) productive at times? I MAY actually post pictures to prove it sometime soon. But no promises....it wasn't on the list. :)
101 in 365
I saw this on another blog and thought it was a great idea. The list I saw was 101 in 1001, but I don't think I can wait 3 years to get to these....so I'm shooting for a year! That should still give me plenty of time....so here I go! I will return and change the color of the items I complete - and add a post for the 'tangible'/visible projects (if I'm feeling extra motivated.)
2. Paint my computer armoire black and add hardware 4. Finish painting the front room 5. Paint the great room 6. Rearrange the front room furniture 7. Build a shelf for my entry 8. Create an art supplies storage system 10. Teach Grins to read 11. Clean out the storage shed 13. Teach Angel some basic piano lessons 15. Get rid of things I haven't used in 6 months 17. Organize my garage 18. Make the kids job boards 19. Create a better storage system for the coat closet 20. Rake all the leaves in my yard (not that I haven't already done it, but I think the leaves are finally finished falling so this might be the last time this season?) 21. Organize the kids' closet 23. Clean off the bar 24. Organize and label the food storage 26. Organize my magazine clippings 27. Organize my filing cabinet I did this but it could probably use it again... 28. Set up my new ipod touch :) 29. Vacuum the car 30. Get a shop vac so I can vacuum my car from home! 37. Organize the hair accessories - have done this several times. Need a better system that will stick! 39. Organize the desk 43. Get curtains back up in the front room (must finish painting first....) 45. Hang curtains in the dining room 53. Involve the children in Family Home Evening more 56. Set up my new bookshelf! 57. Sort through my scrapbook things 58. Come up with a system for preserving the childrens' creations 61. Catch up on Christmas ornaments (I've sort of gotten out of the habit the last 2 years....) 62. Organize my 'misc' closet 63. Organize my armoire 64. Organize my cedar chest 66. Move my armoire to make room for the wood stove 67. Toast marshmallows in our fireplace! 68. Have a yard sale and DECLUTTER (this will obviously have to wait until Spring!) 69. Carol and deliver holiday goodies to everyone on our street 70. Get our Christmas Cards out the day after Thanksgiving 72. Make a new yule log for our family tradition 75. Update our 72 hour kits with warm clothing 77. Organize my laundry room closet 80. Go on a date with the Mr. 81. Go to the temple at least 4 times before June 2011 82. Get my Maine Physician Assistant Licensure 83. Take pictures (and blog them) of my children every Sunday for a month. (I can do this now that I have a new camera!!!!! THANK YOU Mom and Dad B!!!!) 90. Perform a song as a family. 91. Visit family in Utah and/or Oregon. 92. Get Angel's camera hooked up and teach her to use it. 94. Implement a better recycling system 95. Smooth out and lay rocks in the driveway 96. Finish our gratitude chain (taller than the house) 97. Blog every Sunday for 2 months
1. Potty train Wiggles - have taught her many times. The rest is up to her...
3. Hang pictures on my walls. wow. still haven't. sad.
9. Not raise my voice at my children for an entire week - working on it!!!
12. Have another baby - want to! Need my husband home for this one...
14. Teach Wiggles to read - working on it
16. Get rid of the antique bottles I dug up in the yard
22. Install mirrors
25. Organize my recipes
31. Set up a good 'drop zone' for the Mr.
32. Get on a better shopping/meal planning schedule
33. Stick to a 'computer time' budget for at least 1 week
34. Run a race
35. Go without after-dinner snacks for at least 1 week
36. Put hooks in the kids closet
38. Find a cute way to organize my jewelry
40. Implement a good system for dealing with 'hot spots'
41. Implement a good deep cleaning schedule
42. Implement a good scrapbooking schedule
44. Put a valance in my kitchen window
46. Hang curtains in the kitchen
47. Sew or alter at least one item
48. Make bread
49. Write in my journal every day for a month
50. Set up Sunday stations again
51. Set up a Family Home Evening lesson file
52. Set up our Family Home Evening board
54. Organize a "paper" system
55. Change the oil in the car by myself (I always wait for the Mr. but it is something I could do on my own!)
60. Make a book of Family Traditions we enjoy and others we would like to implement
65. Set up a 'mud room' in the basement before the snow starts
71. Exercise 5 days/week for at least a month
73. Set up a "Gift Shop" where my children can spend their chore bucks on gifts for family members and friends
74. Host a Christmas Caroling (or other sort of) party in our neighborhood
76. Do a Fall Cleaning of our house (Deep cleaning)
78. Be completely prepared for the sabbath on Sat night for a consecutive month
79. Have a "yes" day for my children
84. Implement a good photo organization/sharing system.
85. Implement a new 'responsibility' motivation system for the children.
86. Stay home at least 1 weekday/week for a month.
87. Do a good, thorough cleaning of my house each week for a month.
88. Do a family service project at least once a month for 6 consecutive months.
89. Put on a family play.
93. Host a family sock hop
98. Remember and call/send a card to every family member on their birthday for an entire year
99. Keep a New Year's Resolution for a least the entire month of January
100. Leave the Mr. a love note every day for a week.
101. Not complain about how much the Mr. is gone (aloud OR to myself) for an entire week! (NOT counting the week he is off....)
102. (OK, I keep thinking of more; why stop at 101?) Dance with my children every day for at least a week.
103. Have a freezer cooking day.