Monday, March 15, 2010

Disney on Ice

This past weekend we were lucky enough to go to Disney on Ice Worlds of Fantasy! I don't think I've ever been to Disney on Ice before so I guess I don't know what I was expecting but I was SOOOO impressed! It was INCREDIBLE! The skaters were phenomenal, the costumes were magnificent, the stage was beautiful and the show was truly spectacular! I think I was almost as mesmerized as the kids!



We left Wiggles with Oma and Opa (thank you both!!!) so we could enjoy some quality time with Grins and Angel. I don't think either one of them had any idea what to expect, and they assumed we would be ice skating or something. When we arrived there and they saw the hundreds of people, they both clung to me, overwhelmed. When we found our seats, I could see the look in their eyes, wondering what was going on and where we were, and I realized they have probably never been to a stadium before. It must have seemed so enormous and magnificent to them. We sat down (we had amazing seats!) and when the lights dimmed they both wanted to sit on my lap (the Mr. was still parking the car).

(I forgot how bad my eye looked while we were taking the picture...)

When Minnie and Mickey came out, I thought Angel and Grins would fall off my lap. They were so shocked and excited all at once! When Lightening McQueen drove out, Grins jumped up and shouted, "A REAL Lightening McQueen, Mommy! A REAL one!!!" It was truly magical.

We enjoyed Cars (Grins favorite, of course), The Little Mermaid, The Lion King (my personal favorite), and Tinkerbell (Angel was in Heaven!) The Mr. and I were realizing that our children haven't seen any of those movies except Tinkerbell, but they enjoyed it nonetheless.



I kept looking at Grins and Angel, and their expressions were so cute. They were just awestruck the entire time. They were especially excited at the bubbles, fireworks, floating fairy and confetti that flew down from the ceiling at the end.


The pictures I took don't do it justice at all - it was beautiful and captivating! If you have never been to Disney on Ice, I HIGHLY recommend it! This is definitely something we will do again! (Angel has already asked several times when we can go again!!!)

2 comments:

Steve and Katie said...

Thank you again, SO MUCH, for telling us about the tickets!! It was awesome!

Steve and Katie said...

And if you want to borrow any of the movies we have them all. Just so you know.