Friday, October 07, 2011

Food-planning Friday

I used to do Menu-Plan Monday, and I got out of the habit.  I've been doing it on paper all along, but I'm going to try to get back in the habit of posting it, since looking back on it helps me to notice what foods we seem to eat a lot of, which things we ought to try more, and helps keep me out of the rut of fixing the same things over and over (though it would sure simplify things!

I try to do all of my shopping on Fridays, in anticipation of the weekend.  I look through ads to see what's on sale, then adjust my menu accordingly.  Here's what's cooking this (upcoming) week:

Friday - Barbeque ribs, roasted rosemary potatoes, steamed artichokes and steamed cauliflower, fresh strawberries
Saturday - Red peppers stuffed with rice/beans/veggies, steamed green beans, tossed green salad, grapes
Sunday - (The Mr's choice - his birthday!) Chicken enchiladas, rice, black beans, corn, santa-fe salad, peaches (Boston Creme Pie for dessert)
Monday - White bean coconut soup, cucumber dill salad, steamed green beans, whole wheat rolls, honeydew
Tuesday - Chili, brown rice, corn bread, tossed green salad, pears
Wednesday - Vegetable pot pie, canteloupe
Thursday - Leftovers/clean out the fridge

1 comment:

Jessica Reeves said...

Are you serious?? This is amazing! I can't believe how organized you are! And your menu is awesome - we have things like grilled cheese and canned soup! Will you invite me over for dinner sometime?? :)