Sunday, January 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Makea Rose!

To my sweet and darling Makea,

A most heartfelt "Happy Birthday!" to you, my love! I can't believe that you are 3 years old. Can it really be 3 years since first we met, face to face? I simply cannot remember a time in my life when I did not know you and love you with all my heart and soul. It doesn't seem possible that 3 short years ago we had not yet met. Today you are three and your father and I are amazed at how you have transformed from a small baby into such a big girl! Your personality is in full force now. You are very confident and sure of yourself, but careful and cautious when in a large group or around strangers (something for which I am very grateful!). You are incredibly sensitive to how others are feeling and extremely compassionate when they are sad. You will try anything in an effort to cheer someone up or alleviate someone’s pain. You relate very well with others and make friends easily. You are highly curious about the world around you, and want to learn as much as you can, particularly about the human body, the geography, and how to speak Sign Language, German and Spanish. You are really enjoying preschool with your friends Nina, Emily, Kalli and Meg. You know all of your letters by sight and sound and have just surprised me by writing some: A, H, M and I, completely on your own! You are toilet-trained (hooray!) and sleeping through the night, for the most part (double hooray!!) I love everything about you, but probably my favorite characteristic of yours is how sweet and sensitive you are. If Kai, Papi or I ever get hurt, frustrated, or even look the least bit sad, you are the first one to jump up and give comfort, usually in the way of kisses and reassuring words.

I love you, my sweet girl!

1 comment:

Queen Bee said...

Happy Happy Birthday Makea! Three is soo much fun, you will love it. Congratulations kiddo :) Your cousins in Ohio love you