Sunday, September 18, 2011

Our 10th Anniversary!


The Mr. and I "celebrated"* our 10th Wedding Anniversary this past month!  In some ways, it's hard to believe we've been married that long - because I still feel like I'm a young, 20-something newlywed, and I remember when 10 years was half of my life!  But in many ways, it's hard to even imagine life before marriage... 3 lifetimes ago! (Angel's, Grin's and Wiggles' lifetimes!)

These past 10 years have seen us move across 6 time zones, from the middle of the Pacific ocean, across to New England and the coast of the Atlantic.  We've moved 11 times, spent 9 years with at least one of us in graduate school, spent 5 years managing apartments, had 3 children, and have certainly seen some ups and downs - fortunately mostly ups! :)   They have been a challenging, but incredibly rewarding 10 years, and I look forward with great anticipation to the next 10....and more!  I've joked before that, if absence makes the heart grow fonder, the Mr. and I are falling in love all over again.  But it's true.  These years of school and raising a young family together, with their financial struggle and extreme demands on our time and energy, have certainly brought us together more than we ever could have anticipated.  The Lord has truly blessed our marriage and family beyond our wildest imagination.  We sometimes lay in bed, exhausted, at the end of the day and say to eachother, "If we can make it through this together, we can make it through anything!"  I feel truly blessed to have such a wonderful man at my side.  I so admire and respect the Mr. for his goodness, his very strong work ethic, his integrity, his honesty and his gentleness.  It has been a wonderful and rich 10 years!

*I put celebrated in quotations because we haven't actually celebrated in the traditional sense, with a romantic date or dining at a restaurant or anything of that nature.  The Mr. has been working far too many hours.  And, there is a painful shortage of competent babysitters (in our price range) nearby...so to celebrate this year, the children and I "heart attacked" the Mr's bike, and delivered cupcakes and our own little homemade (budget) version of an "edible arrangment" - which was quite sorry looking, but the only picture I had to capture our Anniversary this year, since we spent it apart.

No comments: