Sunday, August 14, 2011

Family Home Evening



Last week at Family Home Evening, we talked about Testimony.  While we were in Utah, "Oma" (The Mr's mom) gave each of the children a "testimony glove": a white glove with a small picture on each finger, each representing an aspect of our testimony.  Oma had explained each picture and what it represented, but since the Mr. wasn't with us at the time, I thought it might be fun for the children to present the lesson.  The children did a marvelous job teaching, and we concluded with the older two bearing their own personal testimonies.  This was a very tender moment for us as parents....and also quite entertaining on Grins' turn around.  Here's how it went:
Image

Angel - "I know that God is our Heavenly Father and He loves us very much.  I know that Jesus is real and that He died for us and suffered for our sins so we can repent.  I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet. I'm grateful that we have temples so our family can be together forever.  I know President Monson is our living prophet."

Grins - "I know that God is our Father and He loves us very much, because we're his kids.  And when we get to Heaven He's going to give us 100 big hugs and kisses because He loves us so much.  I know that Jesus is real and He died for us so we wouldn't have to die.  And He'll give us hugs and kisses in Heaven too.  I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet because he translated the Book of Mormon into English, so we wouldn't have to read it in German.  I'm glad we have temples because then my mom and dad could get sealed in the temple so they'll never get divorced.  And I know President Monson is alive."

My children are so precious and wonderful!  I love hearing things from their point of view, and I treasure these tender moments we have with them!

No comments: