Friday, November 13, 2009

Happy Birthday, Wiggles!
















My sweet little baby,

How can it be that you are one year old already?! I know it sounds cliche, but it seems only yesterday I was looking down into your precious little eyes for the first time. I simply can't believe how fast you've grown! And yet, I can't imagine my life without you!

You are SUCH a mover! If I couldn't tell by how much you moved in the womb, you have certainly lived up to your nickname "Wiggles" from the moment you were born! You are constantly on the go and the only time you are still is when you're sleeping! And yet, you are a very good snuggler too! You are so curious about everything; constantly opening cupboards, emptying shelves, bookcases and baskets faster than the rest of us can straighten up! You have the cutest little "one-leg spider-monkey" crawl, which is surprisingly fast, but now that you've learned to walk you insist on walking everywhere. And now that you've learned to point, you insist on getting what you're pointing to.

You are SO friendly! Your first word was "Hi!" and you say it to everyone, everywhere! When I'm carrying you you'll crane your neck so that your face is directly in front of mine, so you can say "Hi!" until I respond. Sometimes you'll even crawl/walk across the room, just to say it to me! You love picking up phones and saying "Hi" too. It's the sweetest little thing! You also love clapping your hands while shouting "Yay!", and you say "Weee!" everytime you swing or slide.

Speaking of slides, you are fearless - way more than either of your siblings at this age! You love going down the slide, and you very quickly figured out how to climb the stairs, sit yourself at the top of the slide, and then scoot yourself off the edge - all by yourself! Before you could even walk! You never tire of it, and I have to drag you kicking and screaming away from the slide when park time is over. It is so cute!

You are so easy-going! Your older brother and sister often lack patience with you grabbing their toys, etc, and as a result you're sometimes "picked on" - but you take everything in stride! When you cry it's brief and soon you're back to your happy, smiley little self!

You love babbling and, just like your body, your mouth rarely slows down! You love being part of the conversation and often interrupt the conversations of others to make sure your 'piece' is heard!

You love playing with balls, stuffed animals, and little people! And you love reading books! You have figured out how to climb up on the chair, right next to the bookshelf, pull a book down (well, usually the entire shelf of books), and sit down and read, just like your older siblings often do. It's the most adorable thing ever (even though I have to put the books on the shelf about 50 times a day - but you're worth it!) You love your older siblings and want to do everything they do!

You are so precious to me, my sweet little girl! You mean more to me than anything else in the world, and I love you more than I ever thought possible. Thank you for your patience as I learn to juggle three children and as a result sometimes neglect you. Thank you for your smiles and wet, open-mouthed kisses. Thank you for your snuggles and the sweet spirit you bring to our family! Oh, that you would stay like this forever!!!!

We love you, Wiggles!

Love,
Your Mommy

No comments: