Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Shoo....


Angel had a Dr. appt this morning and by the time we were nearing home a blizzard was in full force so I let her stay home from school the rest of the day. When they aren't at eachother's throats, these 2 (Angel and Grins) just can't get enough of one another. They were joking and giggling during lunch. They were snuggling and laughing while I was trying to get Wiggles to sleep. Though I am often tempted to choose frustration at their disregard for my constant 'quiet, please!' reminders, I try to remind myself what a joy it is to see them happily loving and enjoying each other.
I was trying to tidy up the kitchen and living room, make dinner, etc, and my older 2 were constantly getting in the way and making MORE messes, setting me further behind. I could see that I was not going to get anywhere with them around, and my efforts to get them to pitch in had been a complete failure, so I finally said, "Will you both please just go downstairs?" When they lingered, I finally waved my arms at them and said, "Shoo!"

Angel looked up at me and said, "Mom! You can't treat us like dogs!"

No comments: