Friday, July 31, 2009

Recap of the Summer

This summer has been a whirlwind, what with a move, 2 trips, 2 family reunions, a yard sale, out of town guests, medical issues, swimming lessons, etc. Now that things are FINALLY winding down I'm going to do a little "recap" of our summer - just in case you're interested. I'll do one event each time I post (let's say once a week and then if it's more often I'm an overachiever :) ).

First stop....Draper and Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open Houses

We've been so blessed to be able to attend not one but TWO! temple open houses this summer, both without traveling too far from home! There is nothing more special to me than being inside a temple with my whole family! I just love sharing it with my husband and children! We didn't get pictures at the Draper one because there were tents surrounding it, but we took a little photo op at Oquirrh Mountain.



Highlights (in the kids-do-the-darndest-things, not spiritual, category): I mentioned the couch jumping and diaper pooping in our Draper Temple post, and Oquirrh mountain wasn't quite as eventful, but at the end of the tour, guests get to visit a reception hall sort of area, where there are refreshments, music, and an opportunity to visit/ask questions/etc. This particular reception hall had a beautiful player piano which completely mystified the kids! Angel watched for a moment, and then closely examined the piano, perplexed. She asked "Who is playing the piano?" to which I replied "Who do you think?" "The Holy Ghost?" she wondered. We all got a kick out of that one.

No comments: