Saturday, February 09, 2008

My Wonderful Husband


Can I just take a moment to express my deep and sincere love and appreciation for this incredible man? It may sound odd, but whenever I think of how blessed I am to have Jon in my life, I think of the song from the Sound of Music, "I Must Have Done Something Good" - it may sound cliche, but I honestly feel that I just do not deserve such an incredible person to be my partner in life and my companion throughout eternity. I think back to our courtship when I had "cold feet" so to speak, and was hesistant to marry him because my heart and mind were full of fears and doubts. How funny it now seems that I was so nervous about marrying such a wonderful man! I think it's because I hadn't yet had a chance to experience just how wonderful he was (and is). Now, seven short years later, I have grown to love him more deeply than I ever dreamed was possible. I admire his integrity. I respect his very keen sense of honesty. I appreciate his strong sense of devotion to God, to me, and to our family. I am so grateful for his ability to remain firm and unwavering - he truly has been "my rock" in so many ways. I so appreciate his patience and compassion. I love what a loving, fun and involved 'papi' he is; I could not have dreamed of a better father for my children! I admire his intelligence, his talent for developing SO many skills, and how he is able to juggle SO many things at once! This man truly amazes me. I just feel so fortunate and so blessed to know that he is the one upon which I can always depend, the one who will remain by my side through 'thick and thin', the one with which I will laugh and cry, the one with loving arms to hold me and a shoulder on which to cry, the one I will be able to walk hand in hand with throughout my days, the father of my children and my partner in parenting, my best friend, my love - the one with whom I will spend eternity. I love you, Jon!!!!

No comments: